The Back(side) Story


Okay, this is my first - probably only - attempt at blogging. A super cool, really funny thing has happened, and I want to share this experience with my friends, and any other web-surfing weirdos out there. So, here goes.


Most of my friends and family know that at the start of 2009, I was hugely fat. I'm 5' 8 1/2", and at the time I weighed 193 pounds and was sporting a size 16. Contrary to popular belief,  this was not baby weight; I had managed to gain it all before I got knocked up. (Oh yeah, I had a baby in October of 2007.) So, there I am in January 2009, sitting on my couch in my giant-sized nightgown, channel-surfing, when I stumble upon an exercise DVD  infomercial. It was TURBO JAM®.

Turbo Jam® creator Chalene Johnson practically spoke to me through the TV and I just knew her program was the one for me. I rushed (as fast as a hefty gal could rush) to my computer and immediately purchased the DVDs . Just 7 to 9 business days later, I had in my hands, the package that would change my life. I started slowly, very slowly, with a 20-minute workout every day for the first few weeks. I was in bad shape y'all; That was all I could do. I worked my way up to 30 minutes a day and by June 2009, I had lost 25 pounds. I would soon be ready to trade in my size 16 Mom Jeans for some sporty Land's End® activity skorts. I kept going throughout the summer and fall, and ended 2009 a size 10! Armed with my new body and some sexy Ann Taylor LOFT® Cougar-Mom jeans, I was ready for 2010.

That's me on the left before I started Turbo Jam® in January 2009. On the right, January 2010. 39 pounds lighter and loving my new size 10 Mom Jeans.

2010 was all about maintenance. Okay, it was all about maintenance because I remained totally dedicated to exercise, but I also remained totally dedicated to over-eating and drinking like a frat boy. Let's be clear, I didn't gain any weight because I continued exercising 4 to 5 days a week. I didn't lose any weight because my dieting habits are crap. And while I'm really proud of the nearly 40 pounds I lost, I had more work to do...

So where was I? Lost weight, kept it off, blah blah blah. Oh yeah! At some point during  2010, one of my friends says, "You should write a testimonial to the Turbo Jam® people." (The Turbo Jam® people, by the way, is a company called Beachbody.com®. Look it up. They're awesome.) So, I write a testimonial - complete with my before-and-after pictures. It, like myself, was goofy and enthusiastic. 

Here's an excerpt:
I am a 34-year-old stay-at-home mom...

In January of 2009, I was sitting on my couch, still in my PJs at mid-afternoon, when a Turbo Jam infomercial came on and "spoke to me". My weight was at an all-time high of 193...
blah blah blah... I ordered the Maximum Results package before the infomercial even ended...yada yada yada ...determined to turn myself around and regain my self-respect.
 
blah blah blah... 6 inches off my waist, 5 inches off my hips and gone from a size 16 to a size 10. And I am not finished!
 
More stuff about how hard I worked...I have a lot of toning to do and my diet still needs work but I have maintained my devotion and motivation and will keep going until the jiggle is no more!

Thank you Chalene and thank you Beachbody!

So I share this with a mom friend whose brother just happens to work for Beachbody®. She sends the testimonial to him, he sends her a notice about an audition to be in a test group for...wait for it..BRAZIL BUTT LIFT®!